Talk with two people in different places – at the same time.
HOW IT WORKS:
When you’re talking with someone, you can add a third person to the call. It’s easy to coordinate family schedules or hold a telephone conference with business colleagues.
To add a third person to the call:
1. Press and quickly release the “switchhook” to place the first person on hold.
2. Listen for the dial tone.
3. Dial the third person’s phone number. (If you have Speed Dial, you may dial one of your codes instead).
4. To make the three-way connection after the third person has answered, press and quickly release the “switchhook.” You can now talk with both people at the same time.
To cancel the three-way connection:
1. If the third person did not answer or you wish to disconnect, press and quickly release the “switchhook.” You’ll be reconnected to the person holding.
2. Or, if either of the two people hang up, you can continue talking with the remaining person.
To end the call completely:
1. Simply hang up.
• The “switchhook” is the button the handset pushes down when you hang up the phone. Some telephones have a Link or Flash key you can press instead.