Certain Restrictions May Apply
HOW IT WORKS:
When you receive a harassing call, you can dial a simple code to trace the source of that call. The number that called you will be recorded at the phone company. If you decide to follow-up, you must contact your local law enforcement agency by the end of the next business day.
How to use:
1. If you’ve already hung up, lift the handset and listen for a normal dial tone.
2. Press *57 (rotary phones, dial 1157).
3. Listen for the confirmation announcement that the call has been traced, then hang up.
4. The number you traced will be recorded at the telephone company. If you decide to follow-up on the matter, contact your local law enforcement agency.
5. No information on the call will be provided directly to you. This information can only be requested by local law enforcement.
• Call Trace will be used immediately after you hang up on the call you want traced. If you get another call, or hear a Call Waiting tone first, you will trace the wrong call.
• There is a $1.00 charge per successful Call Trace.
• Maximum of 5 traced calls per month.