Certain Restrictions May Apply
HOW IT WORKS:
If you couldn’t get to the phone in time, you can still find out who called. Return the call by dialing a simple code.
How to use:
1. Lift the handset and listen for a normal dial tone.
2. If you were already on the phone and ignored a call waiting tone, press and quickly release the “switchhook.”
3. Press *69 (rotary phones, dial 1169). Your call will go through like a normal call to the last person that called you.
If the line is busy:
1. Hang up. Your phone will keep trying the line for up to 30 minutes.
2. A special callback ring alerts you if the line becomes free (some phones ring normally).
3. Lift the handset to automatically place the call.
To cancel your Call Return request:
1. Press *89 (rotary phones, dial 1189).
2. Listen for the confirmation tone or announcement, then hang up.
• The “switchhook” is the button the handset pushes down when you hang up the phone. Some phones have a Link or Flash key you can press instead.
• In some areas, after you dial *69, a recorded voice will give you the phone number of the call you missed and ask you if you want to use the Call Return feature. Follow the voice instructions.
• Does not work on 800 numbers, 900 numbers, numbers outside the specified service area, or on lines where Call Forward and some other call services have been activated. Numbers marked Private (i.e. using *67 or Per-Line Blocking) will not be delivered.
• Repeat Dialing will be placed on your line in conjunction with this feature.