We identify all charges on your bill that if not paid, could result in the disconnection of your local service and such services are known as “deniable” charges. Non-payment of other charges, known as “non-deniable” charges can result in the termination of the specific service, but will not lead to total disconnection of local service. If you don’t recognize the charges, you should call the business office number listed on your bill within 30 days to ensure no interruption of the service in question.
- Will I still receive my paper bill in the mail?
- Which browser do I need to use for Online Billing?
- When will my account reflect my payment?
- When setting up a payment method, where can I find my bank’s routing transit & checking account number?
- What is required to sign up for the first time?
- What do I do if I forget my username?